Patientkiosk.io is a member of the Industry Group. You can email us at [email protected] — we are based in Denver. The main editor of PK has many years of experience in hospitals and clinics and specifically patient check-in. These range from large hospitals such as Parkland to Kaiser Permanente to the Veterans Administration. We actually received an award for deploying the first practical UV light addition to a patient check-in kiosk.
Other relevant industry sectors include Telehealth, Digital Signage and also Thin Client to name some. resources for those below.
PK also maintains a strong perspective on legal issues and regulatory issues which affect healthcare. These include the usual suspects such as HIPAA but also UL, ADA, and Accessibility which extends to the web services offered patients and users.
This week the DOJ managed another settlement on web accessibility, this time with Meijer.
The Justice Department today announced that it has secured a settlement agreement with Meijer, Inc., that will help people with disabilities get information about COVID-19 vaccinations and book their vaccination appointments online. The agreement, which requires Meijer to conform its COVID-19 vaccine content to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Version 2.1, will help ensure that individuals with disabilities who use screen readers and those who have difficulty using a mouse can privately and independently book their potentially life-saving vaccination appointments online. Today’s resolution is the department’s fourth agreement on the critical issue of COVID-19 vaccination website accessibility, following a November 2021 settlement with Rite Aid Corporation; a December 2021 settlement with Hy-Vee, Inc.; and a January 2022 settlement with The Kroger Co.
Here is a list of technology news we cover:
- Kiosk Industry Group — all things to do with kiosks, particularly members of KMA
- Kiosks.io — all things to do with kiosks
- KMA – the association site for the Kiosk Manufacturer Association
- Catareno Kiosk Consulting — included is AIOs and Touchscreens
- Check In Kiosk – website for check-in and check-out
- PatientKiosk — patient registration kiosks in healthcare along with EHRs like Epic with Welcome Kiosk are covered
- Patient Kiosk Check-In magazine (emphasis on EPIC)
- McDonalds Kiosks magazine and all the related to
- Bitcoin ATM Kiosk magazine news
- KMA Technology Corner
- Retail Automation (drive-thru, lockers, robotics, etc)
- gokiosk.net — kiosk archives — 1998 to 2006
- gokis.net – kiosk archives — 1998 to 2006
- Digital Signage Blog — more accurately interactive digital displays but we are stuck with “digital signage” for now.
- Menu Board — here we focus on digital menus, indoor and outdoor. Panasonic and LG are two of our members and contribute.
- Best Digital Signage Solution Provider News
- Menu Board Technology and Digital Menus
Technology and Components
- Touch Screen Monitor News
- AIOs and Media Players (like Brightsign)
- POS PCI and EMV
- EV Charging Technology magazine
- Touch Screens — touchscreens come in sizes from 5″ to 100″. You have LED fine pitch which are only displays
- Digital Business — looking for software like browser lockdown or commercial-grade tablets and All-In-One computers?
- i-Telehealth — remote health monitoring and treatment by consumers themselves, sometimes with assistance
- Point Of Sale RFPs — website for tracking and listing RFPs issued for POS primarily in SLED market
- Retail Automation — lockers and smart vending along with innovative drive-thru and retail robotics
- Smart City Design — we see growing interest in smart city especially in renovating downtowns for better pedestrian access longterm
- Thin Client Computing — Touchscreen Chromebooks, Zero Clients and your usual Wyse (oops I mean Dell) and HP thin client news
- Telemedicine News Telehealth magazine
- Thin Client and Cloud Computing
- ADA and Accessibility in the news – magazine
- Smart City RFPs and Design (focus on US local and state)
- The Industry Group – top level website for the group
- Kiosk Industry Group & KMA Company Page
- Kiosk Industry group discussion group
- Regulatory Standards Industry Group discussion
- Thin Client Industry Group discussion
- Smart City Industry Group discussion
- Retail Automation Industry Group discussion
- Rockwork.us — charity site
- Self-Service Industry Group
- Keefner.com – the more sociable side of our editor in chief
Other Magazines We Publish
Top Level Magazines