EHR Market Share News KLAS
full Reference article on Becker May 2020
Epic and Cerner maintained the largest shares of the EHR market for acute care hospitals in 2019. However, Cerner experienced a net decrease in market share for the first time since 2010, according to a recent KLAS Research report.
For its “U.S. Hospital EMR Market Share 2020” report, KLAS Research analyzed vendors in use at 5,457 acute care hospitals across the U.S.
Epic and Cerner have been the only vendors to add hospital market share each year since KLAS started tracking the market in 2010. Last year marked Cerner’s first decrease, with its acute market share falling by 0.2 percent.
Here’s how major EHR vendors fared in terms of hospital market share in 2019:
Epic: 29 percent
Cerner: 26 percent
Meditech: 17 percent
CPSI: 9 percent
Allscripts: 6 percent
Medhost: 4 percent
None/other: 9 percent
Read full Reference article on Becker May 2020
Key Findings From KLAS
- MEDITECH’s Market Share Expands with Expanse
- Cerner Sees Net Decrease in Market Share for First Time
- Epic Continues to Grow Market Share across All Segments of the Private Sector
- athenahealth’s Acute Care Exit Leaves Void in Small Standalone Market
- Allscripts Continues to Lose Market Share across All Platforms
- Acute Care EMR Decision Insights